Saturday, February 2, 2013

Taco Seasoning - Win!


This is one of my more recent culinary experiments from Pinterest.
In an effort to expand our dinner menu I turned to good old Pinterest for new recipes and ideas. And I came across this Taco Seasoning recipe. I picked this one over the others because I already had everything in my pantry.
It's flavourful and very tasty. I cut the cayenne pepper in half because the hubby isn't a huge spicy food fan, but it still has just a little bit of heat. Even my picky toddler had some (but mostly the taco shell and cheese).

It was definitely a win. The recipe makes a large amount so you can use it for multiple recipes - I use two tablespoons per 1 pound of ground beef. I keep it in a tupperwear container cause that is what I had :)
Link to the original recipe website is below
  • 1/4 cup chili powder
  • 3 tablespoons paprika
  • 3 tablespoons cumin
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
Instructions:
  1. Whisk all of the ingredients together.
  2. Transfer to a clean container for storage. Store in a cool, dry place for up to six months.
  3. We like spicy meals here, but if you prefer a less spicy version, simply leave out the cayenne pepper.
  4. Substitute this homemade taco seasoning spice mix 1:1 in any recipe that calls for taco seasoning. I typically use about 2 tablespoons per pound of ground beef.
Enjoy!

It's smells pretty darn yummy!

http://unsophisticook.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/

No comments:

Post a Comment